This afternoon we had the privilege to attend L's new schools' Meet The Teacher event. They had music and refreshments, sign-up sheets for parents to get involved with the school and T-Shirts and Car Decals (which of course I bought! Being the proud parent I am)
Here is a very excited L with his new teacher Mrs. B. (Of course I managed to take a horrible photo, she is actually very pretty)

to make up for the bad picture, here is her picture from the school. :) Doesn't she look like a fun teacher? She was actually chosen Teacher of the year last year in our town. I specifically requested her, but before she was awarded that honor. I actually read all the teachers bios and she really seemed to be a good fit for L. We are SOOOO excited that L is in her class and are looking forward to the new school year!

L located his new desk! On his desk was a letter written from a student who was in the class last year welcoming to Mrs. B's class and giving him a heads up of some of the fun things they would be learning and doing this year. :)


Taking a seat at his new desk.


new school, new year, new class, new Word Wall.


Look at all the books! L is very excited to get started reading again. He spent the summer reading for the Library Summer Reading Club and did really well. He earned 54 raffle tickets for prizes. Each raffle ticket was awarded for 15 minutes of reading.

Mrs. B is all about the beach. Can you tell from the decor around her desk? She had the Beach Boys playing in the class when we went in there.

Here is L with his friend from Pre-K, whose mom works at the school....

she's the Reading teacher and I had to snap a photo of her little reading area. I LOVE it! What fun!!!

Lil C was not happy confined to the stroller, but with so many kids running around he was stuck in there the entire time. See that poor, sad face? ;) Don't worry, he got a cookie.

L sporting his new school T-shirt

This is a nice sized school. Big C walking down the main hallway. The school is new, only 2 years old.

L had to check out the Gym before we left.

L outside film studio at the school. Morning announcements, the Pledge of Allegiance and words from the Principal are all done via the TV. This is the room where the TV/Film class gets to record it all. L can't wait to do this when he is a little older.

L and his new school Principal, Mrs. A.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment