Ahhh, the days of Margaritas on Cinco de Mayo have left me. Infact, I completely forgot that today was the 5th of May until I saw a brief mention of it online.
Today was spent mostly at home doing school work so L doesn't fall behind in school while I have him home this week. We did venture out in the morning for a nice family walk and got some much needed social interaction this afternoon with our neighbors, but outside of those two brief escapes, we spent the day indoors and working on school stuff.
L is doing really well with his reading. He brought home his first chapter book, of sorts, and it is coming along quite nicely. I do have a heck of a hard time explaining to him some of the rules that go along with the English language, such as i before e except after c. And then when we work so hard to sound out words, he gets thrown for a loop with words like know, though, laugh, etc.
(this weeks assignments, provided by his teacher..she is fantastic!)
As you may have guessed, from the naming of the blog, the boys LOVE dinosaurs. I recently bought the Discovery channels Dinosaur Pack DVD set. I expected it to be two documentaries, but infact it is eleven, each lasting 1 - 1 1/2 hours long. L thinks it is awesome and has already watched some of the documentaries several times. I decided that for his journal time this week he can journal about the documentary he watched that day...since he is watching at least one a day.
His favorite dionsaur is the Velociraptor, which unlike it's movie image, actually had feathers and stood not much taller than Lil' C.
Cinco De Mayo!
Posted by Sandy at 5:40 PM
1 Comment:
Hasn't it been fun to watch Liam progress with reading? I know it's been so cool watching Chandler. He is just reading away, everything he finds. It's so cute. The other night he stayed in bed forever reading book after book. Love it! He told me, I'm really starting to like reading now! It's cool that you can keep L home from school and just have him do his work there.
Post a Comment