We started out the Spring season on a U6 (Under 6) team. This is because the rules state that the child must be 6 years old at the begining of the school year. L, needless to say, was one of if not the oldest on his team. Having played the last 2 1/2 years for this league he has become quite a skilled soccer player for a 6 year old. This means that being on a team of children learning the sport was not the most benneficial for him improving his game. Unfortunately, he had to leave his good friend Chandler behind and I had to leave Chandlers mom (no more girl talk during soccer practice and games :( boohoo) but, we'll see them next season.
Now L plays for the Cougars. This is the U8 team and L has gone from being the oldest to the youngest, but you can't tell it when looking at him out on the field. I can't express how happy I am that he has been taken in by all these boys even though he came in mid season. They all seem to work off each other and everyone appears on similar skill levels. He has really been working hard the last couple of practices. The coaches are awesome too. L really seems to like Coach Adam (seen in some photos below). I told him that I thought the coach seemed to like how he was playing and getting on with the other boys, he said 'Mommy, I think he thinks I'm doing good'.
You are sweety!!! :)
Kickin' the ball with daddy.
U8 Soccer Practice
Posted by Sandy at 5:59 PM
1 Comment:
I'm very excited to join the U8 division next season and glad that Liam is enjoying himself now.
Post a Comment